Last Updated On: 14/11/2017
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has been consituted by the Government of India ,under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act,2005 to exercise and performs the powers and functions assigned to it under CPCR Act,2005.
- The commission consist of the following members namely:-
- A chairperson who, is a person of eminence and has done a outstanding work for promoting the welfare of children; and
- Six members, out of which at least two are woman, from the following fields, is appointed by the Central Government from amongst person of eminence, ability, integrity, standing and experience in,-
- Child health, care, welfare or child development;
- Juvenile justice or care of neglected or marginalized children or children with disabilities;
- Elimination of child labour or children in distress;
- Child psychology or sociology; and
- Laws relating to children.