Given the mandate under POCSO Act, NCPCR has initiated the following activities:
- Follow-up with States/UTs on implementation status of the POCSO Act;
- Follow-up with States/UTs on implementation of victim compensation schemes;
- Information sought from State/UT Police through Questionnaire on cases booked under POCSO Act and cases being reported to district CWCs, as required U/S 19 (6) of POCSO Act CWCs;
- Questionnaire administered to State/UT Secretaries of WCD/Social Welfare/ Social Defense seeking details of cases registered with CWCs under POCSO Act;
- Circulation of the following basic informative documents among SCPCRs:
- Advisory to Police
- Child Friendly Procedures for implementing POCSO Act, 2012
- Child Victim Charter
- Pamphlet on POCSO
- Guidelines for responding to CSA (child sexual abuse) Complaints.
- Preparation of Guidelineswith Lawyers Collective and UNICEF:
- Guidelines for Police,
- Guidelines for Special Courts,
- Guidelines for Special Prosecutors,
- Guidelines for CWCs, and
- Guidelinesfor Health professionals.
- Preparation of IEC material;
- Review of IEC material for preventing child sexual abuse prepared by State/UT and NGOs initiated to identify best practices and to disseminate same among other States/UTs.
Page No: 1 2